Season Wandler

Our life, our journey...one chapter at a time.
by Season Wandler

Monday, November 1, 2010

Trick or Treat 2010

Let the fun begin, and the mess:) 








These pics were from Hallow's Eve at he annual pumpkin carving contest at The Gellatly Nut Farm

I love owls, how cute is this!  My fav:)

This was the boys favorite, they loved that it was glowing red and it had real ears!

Our pumpkins

Ethans

Daddy's

Benny's

Sammy's

Ethans 2nd one from his pumpkin carving night with Dad at his school

The back side




Mine

Another shot of our family of Jack O Lanterns

We had a bit of a catastrophe when we started getting dressed up to start our trick or treating, Ethan was missing his ninja mask.  He started crying and said this Halloween was ruined, he was not going to go out out with the others and he decided to sit on the stairs and sulk....poor guy!  There was nothing that we could say or do to make it perfect, which is what Ethan strives for!  So off went Daddy, Ben and Sam without E.  I was sitting out on the front porch ready to hand out candy.  Once Ethan had some time to process the situation he realized that he better get his butt outside and find the boys if he wanted any candy. So thats what he did!  He was happy that he had a change of heart:)
This was the 1st Halloween that Jason wasn't at work so the boys really wanted their dad to take them out, I stayed home and handed out the candy.  I really missed being out there amidst all the action, but I survived and had a little fun of my own:)
The little ones heading out, without their big brother.

This is after they were all done collecting candy, look how full those bags were!
I think they were gone for an hour and a half.

I decided to dress up as a scarecrow last minute, I sat on that chair in the dark and when the kids came up to the door I would just say, "do you want some candy". I surprised most kids and I even shouted out boo when I had the older kids come up! Most of them thought I was just a stuffed scarecrow, that was fun!

Check out all the candy!

Tomorrow morning the battle will start with the all day pleading "can I have some candy now?"
I try to hide the candy after they go to bed but as soon as they wake up they are searching for it!



No comments:

Post a Comment