Mother's Day is one of my favorite days, and each year it keeps getting better. As the kids get older they are really starting to show their appreciation for me for the everyday things that I do for them and that is super sweet. My special day started on friday with a special Mother's Day tea with Ben in his kindergarten class. Thank you Mrs Sader for putting this together. I was able to get Nana to babysit Sam and Syd so I could go to the tea all by myself and enjoy this special time with Ben. The mama's all lined up at the door and one by one our child came up to the door and grabbed us by the hand and took us to their special spot. Throughout the hour they sang to us and told us what they loved to do with us most, Ben said he loved having pillow fights with me. They served us tea, baked goodies and veggies. Then they gave us a present which was a little booklet that they made with the songs that they sang that day, a picture of themselves, hand prints and mommy's favorite things. It was nice to spend that one on one time with Ben.
Then on Sunday, real Mother's Day Sam gave me a flower...a Mum and he made me a special necklace at playschool. How adorable is that!
Ethan gave me a note that he had done at school with all the things he thinks are important about me. I love this too!
Jason gave me a card, he always gives me the best cards with a special note inside. I have saved all the cards and letters he had given me over the years.
I also got a lily, its so pretty!
The weather was really nice too, it was the 1st day that I got to work on my tan!
Aunty Laura hadn't seen Sydney in a few months since they spend the winter in Arizona, she was happy to get some snuggles in.
We went to Nana & Papa's for brunch and the boys all made us breakfast.
After we left Nana's the boys all went to the movie to watch The Avengers, they really wanted to take me since it was Mother's Day but I assured them that my feelings would not be hurt if they left me alone at home with Syd while she napped for the afternoon.
It was a lovely couple hours!!!
So all in all I had a great Mother's Day and I am grateful for all these special people in my life that I call my family!
Hope you all had a great day too!!!!!
It was a lovely couple hours!!!
So all in all I had a great Mother's Day and I am grateful for all these special people in my life that I call my family!
Hope you all had a great day too!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment