Season Wandler

Our life, our journey...one chapter at a time.
by Season Wandler

Friday, November 2, 2012

Oct 2012 - all wrapped into one post

October's weather was mostly good, rained for the last 2 weeks.  The temps were cold for a couple days at the beginning but it seemed that when the rain came at the end of the month the temps stayed above plus 10 so I can totally handle that.  

October Pics

We started off the month with Thanksgiving, we had supper at Nana & Papa's, Ethan and I made apple pies and pumpkin cheesecake. All the food was so amazing that I stuffed my belly so much that I puked 6 times that night.  I was just getting over the flu so I don't know if that had a little to do with it.  










    
Shea Riley & Olive came on Thanksgiving Monday and stayed until Wednesday.  It was so nice to see them and I am so grateful that my family takes the time to come out and see us cuz we just never have the time off to go and see them in Alberta.
We went for a hike at Bear Creek, we had never done that with them before. It was a gorgeous day!!
I didn't bring my good camera so these were all taken from my camera phone, thank goodness for phones with camera's!!!
 
 












Next photos are just random things



















Jean had a shopping party at her house and I wanted to try and make some stuff and sell it there instead of doing what I always do and that's sell stella & dot.  I ended up doing bracelet's, rice bags, and stella & dot.  My bracelets were to small for most ladies so they didn't sell well, I sold a ton of the rice bags and lots of jewelry.
 



My coat was looking a little dull so i painted the buttons gold to add more of an impact.  It worked well after i put the forks under the buttons to keep the paint from hitting the fabric of the coat.
 




We did our pumpkins on the sunday before Halloween.  We got all 4 pumpkins on the table and cut the top off of the boys so they could clean them out. We didn't do Sydneys but she kept trying to pull the top off hers so we decided that she was big enough to do pumpkins this year. She loved every minute of it, she dug in with her hands and sometimes used a spoon to clean out the guts.  Every once and awhile she would lick the spoon, of course at this age everything still has to go into the mouth.  It was super cute to watch!





Ethan invited us to the school to watch a play that they have been working on, it was the 3 little pigs and he was one of the narrorators. He did an awesome job, he was so not shy.
 


The same night I had to go to Bens class to carve pumpkins and listen to the kids perform 3 songs, they were all so adorable and still so innocent at the age of 6.  Ben decided that he wanted to carve a question mark into his, what's up with that????
 

 The night of Halloween we always start out by driving over to Nana & Papa's so they can see the kids can trick or treat and see their costumes.  Syd was really into it this year, she loved going up knocking on peoples doors and getting a treat in her bucket.  Ben and Sam both wore the little skunk costume when they were 1 1/2 and all 3 of them looked equally adorable in it.  I went out with everyone to do our street and then Syd and I came back to the house to hand out candy while the boys stayed out and did the other blocks.
Its been raining lots but the rain held off for the night until we came in and i think it was the longest the boys ever stayed out.  They came back to the house around 7pm.
My camera was completley out of focus so we have blurry pics:(  Hate it when that happens.



























 

No comments:

Post a Comment