November went by so fast! The 1st week we had fantastic warm temps, like hoody/sweater weather! Than the 2nd week we got a lot of snow, it stuck around for a few days but the temperatures were not cold enough for it to stick around. The last couple weeks we were back up to the plus 5-10 range, its rained a bit but mostly at night so you can still go out and enjoy the day without being freezing and wet.
Why don't we own a leaf blower? Seriously, my yard is surrounded by trees and my back yard is covered in leaves.....its really hard to find doggy do when its like this. I took the easy way out and brought the lawn mower out and sucked up all the leaves.
plus 12 taking the kids to school in the morning, why am I wearing a toque, yes well that hides my messy hair:)
Sydney and Sam are really starting to form a close bond from spending the days together with just the two of them.
Sometimes Sydney goes around and just wants to kiss everyone, its more of a slobber but Daddy and Ben were her victims on this day.
Out on one of our many walks, started at Gellatly jumping docks and walked down to where the horses are by the Cove. Lindsay was with us today, it was nice to spend some time with her.
We have been searching for a new sectional for our family room for a long time. it seems that all the ones we loved were just to much money for us especially when we know that this room gets a lot of wear & tear. so we settled on an ikea couch, we have no idea how long this guy is gonna last us but it was better than what we had. The Ikea name for the couch is KaRLSTAD and you pretty much can pick your own pieces to make it work for your room. We went with this cover since it has a bit of texture and we thought it would hide things better. The covers are removable and this particular fabric is dry clean only. All the covers for the whole sectional can be replaced for under $300 so that's pretty cool too. We had it delivered and i believe the cost was just over $2000. Which we thought was not to bad. It came in a bunch of pieces and we had to put it all together, the boys helped and it took us about 2 1/2 hours total. So far we are loving it and have no problems getting stains out of it with all the little accidents we've had. I made a couple new pillow covers to go with the new couch, the blue chevron (zig zag) ones and the one with the #6 on it. I originally had bought a #6 pillow off of etsy but when the girl went to mail it she wanted to charge me $30 for shipping and I said no way. So i just took some black felt and drew the # on to it with chalk, cut it out and used that iron on tape stuff to attach it to a cover that I already had..... so easy!!!!!
Sydney loves her bath, infact every night when i take her clothes off she jumps up, runs down the hallway to the bathroom saying "bath, bath, bath" super cute!
I finally found a way to hang my J&S wooden letters without them ripping the wallpaper off....its that white silly putty stuff. I'm totally forgetting whats its called but its something like tack something and i got it at the dollar store. One day I didn't have enough on and the S came flying off the wall onto the bed. After i put it up again J and I would always giggle in bed wondering if one of the letters were gonna fall off again while we were sleeping and knock us unconscious. They have been up for awhile now and we've had no accidents:)
I also finished this little side wall that always seemed empty. I put up some pics of the whole family when we around 2 years old. One frame has J & I in it and the other one is the kids. The middle photo on each frame is a NOW picture. Those white frames are from the dollar store and the sign above is actually some sign that i picked up at the dollar store for a couple bucks that said home is where the heart is. I just painted it all white and took a black big fat marker and wrote I LOVE US. I love walking past this little corner in our room now.
So we were just in the middle of fall when winter came. So this is what happens when fall and winter collide.
Of course the kids had fun with the snow!
In the middle of Nov, one of our close friends Blake from cold lake dad died unexpectantly. J & I both thought that it would mean a lot to Blake for J to go to Cold Lake for the night. So he quickly left work at 11am, caught a 12 oclock flight to Edmonton and took a taxi to Lornezo's shop and from there the 2 of them drove to Cold Lake. They got in late but got some time in with their friend. The next morning their was a big winter storm moving into Edmonton so Jason zipped over to the hospital to visit his Grandma Hankey and quickly spent some time with her. She just giggled the whole time he was there. The guys started there drive back into Edmonton and they didn't hit the storm until they were about an hour out of Edmonton. J went straight to the airport to catch his 5:30 flight but his flight ended up getting delayed until 8. It was a long day for him but it was an important 24 hours that he had to do.
Remember when i painted my buttons, here is the finished product!
Middle of the month Movember. My hubby is so hot!
Benny and I spent an afternoon together just the 2 of us! We started doing this after I asked the boys one day what they really wanted from us as parents. Their answer was to spend more time with each of us parents without any brothers or sister around. Its kinda sad because I always wanna do everything together as a family but i get it. I never seem to spend any quality time with each of them alone. So I'm happy that we have come up with this plan. So Ben & I went to every store that he wanted and had a treat from starbucks. We had a great day!
One morning Sam came out of bed and this is what he looked like....eek!!!! Poor thing, he had some sort of allergic reaction to something, we think it was something out in the back since the day before he had been out back making potions with bark, plants and water. It lasted about 3 days all together and then it was just gone.
Little lady is now 18 months..... She is super busy and curious!
The boys being boys, goofballs!
Aunty Lindsay found a cat and couldn't find the owner so we have the cat now, she is about 7 months old we think. Super cute personality and awesome with the kids. Having a kitten around is like having another kid. She is a little mischievous at times and still likes to climb up to places she shouldn't.
Sammy & Daddy putting up the Christmas lights. Sam was so excited to be on the roof, under very careful watch of course.
This is down at Shelter Bay, right before you head over the bridge. It was super foggy in West Kelowna this morning and thought it would be cool to catch the fog but when we got there it wasn't foggy like at home. It was pretty, the sun was trying to shine through the clouds and it had rained the night before so everything was damp but not cold, it was around plus 10.
How adorable is this????
This is what the fog was like in West Kelowna, this was down by Gellatly.









No comments:
Post a Comment