Season Wandler

Our life, our journey...one chapter at a time.
by Season Wandler

Saturday, April 16, 2011

2011 Soccer Season

The 2011 soccer season started today, Saturday April 16th!  Ethan's team is the Wendy's Wolves and he has the same coach as last year, even some of the same team mates.  I was looking over the schedule last night and was happy to see that all our games start at 10:15am Saturday mornings (yeah, no rushing out the door) and most of them are right close to home at the Shannon Woods field. The weather forecast at the beginning of the week was calling for snow, I told E that I wasn't going if it snowed.  He was so sad with me saying this, he explained that he has waited all winter for this day.  So I change my mind and say rain or snow, we're going! 
This morning when we woke up it had rained the night before so it was wet but it wasn't raining at the moment and there was no snow on the ground.  Yippy, I can do this!  I was extra happy because I got to wear my Hunters, I've been going through wellie withdrawals. We get to the field and my boys make me so proud, they get the lawn chairs out of the truck and they each strap one on their backs leaving me with just the umbrella and the back pack.  Easy peasy!  We march to the other side of the field just in time for E to warm up, its cold out!  The weather is strange these days, so windy, so cloudy, so chilly but behind all that is big ol Mr Sun waiting to unleash its heat.  So at times I felt warm and at other times Benny, Sam and I just hid our whole bodies including our faces under the blanket to keep the wind from freezing us. Ethan lost his 1st game but won the 2nd one.  He scored a goal in the 2nd game and had lots of great shots on the net. They were short players so they never got a break unless they went into goal which Ethan did when they started losing, I know exactly what was going through his head.  He's thinking I'm gonna go into goal and stop all the scoring from the other team so we can win.  He is definitely good at playing goalie and saved a few great shots from going into the net.  
So it was a great 1st game, E was totally jacked after the game and said he didn't think he would be able to wait 7 days until the next game.  Not to worry my love, you can practice with your team on Wednesday , that's only 4 days!



No comments:

Post a Comment