Season Wandler

Our life, our journey...one chapter at a time.
by Season Wandler

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Are we CRAZY????

So this is a question that I get asked all the time by complete strangers, "you guys are crazy to have 4 kids"?  When I was pregnant with Sam people always said "oh your gonna be busy" but now apparently "I'm crazy or we're crazy"!  The last lady to say something was at a convenience store and we came up to pay for our goodies, it was movie night so each of the kids had a treat and a drink in their hands. 
Its our turn and the cashier says 

Cashier - "so are these all yours"?
Me - yep I say, aren't they cute?  
Cashier - She doesn't know what to say right away but then she says 
"and you planned on having a 4th or I bet this one was an accident"
Me- I felt like saying are you kidding me???  You didn't just say that???? But I bite my tongue and say, "okay.....I'm curious what makes you say those things?
Cashier - "well I come from a family of 3 kids and I have only 2 myself, that's all i can handle but my sister she has 4 and when I asked her why she had more than 2 and she said it was because they were stupid. hahahaha (she's laughing) I don't mean to say that your stupid though, that's not what I mean"
Me - "That's okay, everyone views children differently!  some people treat their children like they are a burden to them or they can't wait for them to go to school, move out of the house, you know and I guess I'm the opposite of that.  I get sad thinking that my Benny is going to start school this fall and he won't be home with me everyday, but to get back to your original questions no we're not crazy, and no this baby in my belly was not an accident and I am a little crazy but nothing too serious"
Cashier (speechless)
Me - "have a good weekend"

Like I said up top, anyone that says these senseless comments are strangers. I also get tons of strangers that say "good job for having a big family" The positive comments always come from people that come from big families or older people.  Our family and friends know that we are quite capable of bringing another baby into our family.  We love spending time together the 5 of us, we're kinda like pack rats!  We are a pretty private family, total home bodies and love to just hang out. We don't need to be always on the go and out doing things to find our happiness, its all around us everyday!!!  I am so grateful that my husband loves kids as much as me, lately at night right before we go to sleep we hold our hands on my belly and feel our baby move around and we both have a little giggle and say "So Exciting"!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment