Sydney turned 7 months on Dec 27th and with everything going on I just haven't had a chance to actually do this up until now! One thing off the to do list at a time!
So I thought I would do a recap of all Sydney's previous monthly shots so you can see how she is changing!
Remember if you want to make the pic larger all you have to do is click on the pic:)
So I thought I would do a recap of all Sydney's previous monthly shots so you can see how she is changing!
Remember if you want to make the pic larger all you have to do is click on the pic:)
What a little dollie, I have to say that with the boys I really quite enjoyed the peaceful newborn stage (up to 6 months) but with this little lady it was different. Not that I didn't enjoy her cuz I totally did, I just couldn't figure her out. I kept waiting for her to put herself onto some sort of a routine but it didn't happen on its own and I didn't figure that out until she was 6 1/2 months old. So she was a little fussy and cranky for a few months because I wasn't picking up on her cues. But now I hardly ever hear her cry and she is happy all the time! Phew!
So I had to read a book to figure this out, the baby whisperer. A friend lent it to me when she knew I was having troubles with Syd sleeping well through the night. I tried the "sleep training" part with Syd for 7 days and it was torturous for me. 3 nights out of 7 she cried for over 2 hours and my heart was breaking for her and if I was going to follow this new procedure out of pure desperation I was to follow what the book said. 3 nights she woke up several times crying for an hour at a time and 1 night during the middle of the 7 days she slept through the night which is why I continued with the program. I saw what I thought was progress. On the 8th night I gave in and fed her and before I knew it we were back to the way it was, getting up and feeding her 3 times a night. Then I read another part in the book about having them on a schedule right from the time she woke up so I started doing this. So wake up, feed her, play with her than down for a nap, (2hr period total from wake till nap). Nap for 2 hours and wake up, feed, play and back down for a 2 hour afternoon nap. One more time, wake, feed, play and then down for the night at 7. Sydney seem to fall right into this plan and suddenly she starts sleeping way better at night. Sometimes she sleeps right through but most times she wakes between 5am-6am for a bottle, then goes back to sleep and I have to wake her to take the boys to school at 8:10am. So things seem so much less chaotic with a happy baby in the house. You would think this was my 1st baby and I had no clue what I was doing but my boys were definitely a lot calmer and fell into their own routines very quickly. I guess I got lucky with them being predictable babies:)
So anyways, Syd is rolling all over the place and desperately trying to pull herself up if she is in the right spot to do so. She loves exploring this whole new world that is upon her at the floor level. So playing with tags under the dining room chairs when your 7 months old is a whole lot of fun!
She weighs 17lbs and is long 26" long
I found that it was really hard to take her pics this month because she was moving all over the place:)
So I had to read a book to figure this out, the baby whisperer. A friend lent it to me when she knew I was having troubles with Syd sleeping well through the night. I tried the "sleep training" part with Syd for 7 days and it was torturous for me. 3 nights out of 7 she cried for over 2 hours and my heart was breaking for her and if I was going to follow this new procedure out of pure desperation I was to follow what the book said. 3 nights she woke up several times crying for an hour at a time and 1 night during the middle of the 7 days she slept through the night which is why I continued with the program. I saw what I thought was progress. On the 8th night I gave in and fed her and before I knew it we were back to the way it was, getting up and feeding her 3 times a night. Then I read another part in the book about having them on a schedule right from the time she woke up so I started doing this. So wake up, feed her, play with her than down for a nap, (2hr period total from wake till nap). Nap for 2 hours and wake up, feed, play and back down for a 2 hour afternoon nap. One more time, wake, feed, play and then down for the night at 7. Sydney seem to fall right into this plan and suddenly she starts sleeping way better at night. Sometimes she sleeps right through but most times she wakes between 5am-6am for a bottle, then goes back to sleep and I have to wake her to take the boys to school at 8:10am. So things seem so much less chaotic with a happy baby in the house. You would think this was my 1st baby and I had no clue what I was doing but my boys were definitely a lot calmer and fell into their own routines very quickly. I guess I got lucky with them being predictable babies:)
So anyways, Syd is rolling all over the place and desperately trying to pull herself up if she is in the right spot to do so. She loves exploring this whole new world that is upon her at the floor level. So playing with tags under the dining room chairs when your 7 months old is a whole lot of fun!
She weighs 17lbs and is long 26" long
I found that it was really hard to take her pics this month because she was moving all over the place:)
snow angel movements
see how long the top of her hair is getting
I decided to try on my pre pregnancy skinny jeans that morning
to see if I could get them on and with much delight they fit! A little tight but I could do them up.....yeah!!!!!! Now I have a lot more wardrobe options, I was kinda getting sick of wearing the same 3 pairs of leggings and 1 pair of jeans that I wore during my pregnancy and up till now! I learned from the last time 3 times to not go out and buy a bunch of new clothes because I always go back down to my normal weight!
to see if I could get them on and with much delight they fit! A little tight but I could do them up.....yeah!!!!!! Now I have a lot more wardrobe options, I was kinda getting sick of wearing the same 3 pairs of leggings and 1 pair of jeans that I wore during my pregnancy and up till now! I learned from the last time 3 times to not go out and buy a bunch of new clothes because I always go back down to my normal weight!
I tried to get a pic of the 2 of us looking at the mirror but nope every shot I took she was looking anywhere but where I wanted her too! Curious little monkey is always checking everything out!

No comments:
Post a Comment