Sydney's room is almost the way I want it to be so I thought I would share some pics up to this point. Please note that some of these pics are taken on sunny moments & some are off my phone so the lighting and clarity is all over the map. Not that you probably even really care, but I notice these things......its a disease I know. haha Anyways......all we really need now for the room is a rug and I think that would complete the room. I started to put this all together in Oct after I got the kids settled back into the back to school routine and Sydney was starting to sleep more in her room so I wanted to make it a happy little place for her. I bought the fabric for the curtains 1st and then kinda started from there.
Here's the little lady herself peaking out.
This is what I started with
and this....gold chair and red dresser....eeekkk!!!
This is what it looks like now....happy happy!
the 2 white frames were black but I painted them cream (the same color as the trim and doors in the room), the print in the middle was from a little boutique shop and I just hot glued it onto foam board and mounted it into a thrift store frame that I didn't do a thing to and it was $4 bucks!!
just look at how tiny Sydney was, this is when she was a week old.
love....
and more love....
I made the crib skirt out of an old sheer curtain panel that I had kicking around.
storage under the crib for clothes that she's outgrown
there's the old red dresser painted cream, and the mirror was from the thrift store it was gold but I painted it too!
i think the flowers are a nice touch, mama loves flowers!
Alexander Henry Pocket Pixie fabric made into curtains, so adorable!
books that Syd just likes to put in her mouth
Bedtime friends
sleep sheep plays some white noise
remember the black light, it was originally going to be for Ethan's room before we decided to have our 4th baby. I didn't want to go and buy a new light fixture so I just took the black ribbon off and added a piece of lace and hot glued some pink embellishments on the bottom of it.
These shelves were burgundy wood before I got my hands on them, I put gift wrap in the frame, owl is a piggy bank, letters from the dollar store I painted, a cute picture of all the kids and an accordion style hangy thing to hang tutu's on.
Jason is going to make some shelves in here for the bottom half, but for now we put the wicker stand in there
I saved a bunch of boxes from wipes and newborn diapers and used spray adhesive and gift wrap to cover up the boxes. They are used for shoes, extra crib sheets, and clothes to grow into.
I think Sydney likes her room as much as me because when she wakes up in the morning she will just hang out in her crib babbling away for like an hour!!!! I usually go in and pick her up before she even cries to get out.

No comments:
Post a Comment